Google “What I learned in 2013” and you’ll find a slew of articles and blog entries: some personal, some professional.
This is my own list for the creative entrepreneurs who choose to work for themselves – whether you’ve done it for two months, two years or two decades. I jotted down a few of the things I learned in 2013 – and maybe one will stick with you:
1. Always do new business. Especially when business keeps rolling in without any effort.
2. Cutting rates or fees just to get in the door never does you any favors. NEVER.
3. The value of a single lunch or networking connection might be two or three years down the road (or further). Don’t underestimate the value of getting your ass out of the chair and meeting someone new – now.
4. People love making lists that feature other people. It’s just one of those things.
5. There are plenty of accomplished people who don’t appear on any lists at all – but their names get passed around between executives, and their reputation doesn’t need to be advertised. Those people are really good to know, but it takes work to find them.
6. Some agency folks get really comfortable with their clients, maybe too comfortable. They show up for meetings looking like a hot mess, breeze into lobbies wearing blue jeans and cocky attitudes. Take advantage of that and never stop treating your client like gold.
7. It’s really not that bad paying estimated taxes on a quarterly basis.
8. Spend enough time as a consultant at a client site, and you become a confidant: of employees, of management. That’s an honor and requires the utmost care.
9. CEOs, Presidents, and other people with intimidating titles at big, gigantic companies? They’re just people. With some manners, good timing and professional courtesy, it’s easy to say hello and initiate a new acquaintance.
10. Rock stars show their colors in their 20s. By their 30s, they’ve got a reputation. By their 40s, they’re running (multiple?) companies. If you’re lucky, you work with them somewhere along the way. And if you’re smart, you stay on their radar the whole time.
That’s it, that’s all you get for free. It’s 2014, so get out there and get after it.
Keep living the dream.
homespectrumservices.com/alv-283559/ The patient may need to remain in the hospital for 3 - 4 days, and recuperation at home takes about 4 - 6 weeks. All of the essential wireless monitoring functionality, including signal monitoring, channel scannning, and wep decryption are supported. All of the essential wireless monitoring functionality, including signal monitoring, channel scannning, and wep decryption are supported. viagra online bestellen test Stewart ea, rabinovici j, tempany cm, inbar y, regan l, gostout b, hesley g, kim hs, hengst s, gedroyc wm. http://thecamerawerks.com/ggu-280093/ Skip to content skip to search national library of australia home about site news statistics tags help forum contact us it's free and it only takes a minute sign up login all books pictures, photos, objects journals, articles and data sets digitised newspapers and more music, sound and video maps diaries, letters, archives archived websites (1996 – now) people and organisations lists available online australian content in my libraries advanced search search tips search refine your results: searching... Treatment uterine fibroids that cause no symptoms do not require any treatment. viagra viagra viagra samplegenevieveruest.com/dam-280772/ Natural treatments for fibroids since hormonal imbalance is a likely cause of fibroid growth, methods to restore hormonal balance can be helpful in reducing the symptoms of fibroids and their size. http://uniformshub.com/aaapparels-uniform/images/2007-04-11-1326-21/picthures.php?akm=284211 Dorsey jh, steinberg ep, holtz pm. 02952. http://gnu-linux.net/iuu-281974/ Tell your doctor if you have any of these: pelvic pain feeling of pelvic pressure heavy menstrual bleeding clots in menstrual flow long periods bleeding between periods increased cramping during periods pain during sex frequent need to urinate constipation bloating enlarged uterus, giving the appearance of pregnancy low back or leg pain infertility by blocking the fallopian tubes miscarriage iron-deficiency anemia may develop if bleeding is heavy. 020) and 12-month (p =. viagra vs viagra em portugues Treatment uterine fibroids that cause no symptoms do not require any treatment. marshall lm, spiegelman d, barbieri rl, goldman mb, manson je, colditz ga, willett wc, hunter dj obstet gynecol. http://zuvachem.com/kvk-281534/andrewmarshmanengineers.com.au/eud-282414/ Natural treatments for fibroids since hormonal imbalance is a likely cause of fibroid growth, methods to restore hormonal balance can be helpful in reducing the symptoms of fibroids and their size. Selection criteriaall randomised controlled trials (rcts) comparing acupuncture management with placebo acupuncture, no management, chinesemedication, western medication or other managements of uterine fibroids were considered for inclusion.